Sentences my mouth would indubitably spew out, with no filter, would be the following:
To Kyla when she's crying.
क्या हुा, chica? (What's wrong, girly?)
To Elias throughout the day.
आ जा, Elías, rápido! (Come on, Elías, hurry)
Quieres खाना? (Want some food?)
So my question is: do I allow my mouth to speak the language my brain is forming? Or will I be scarring my children's language development for the rest of their life?
More than likely I will allow myself to begin this new language speaking with my kids for two reasons.
1- I'm too tired these days to have much of a filter as to which language to pick (English, Hindi, Spanish).
2- I love these languages and enjoy the mental stimulation of speaking them.
So...advice or no advice, I guess my mind is already made up.
शायद estoy पागल.. (Maybe I'm crazy...)
....ओर शायद नहीं (...and maybe I'm not)
Hasta luego. (See ya later)
No comments:
Post a Comment