Thursday, September 17, 2015

One Month with Kyla

Kyla has been with us, well, more than a month - 6 weeks to be exact. I've thoroughly enjoyed her! She took to nursing right away, which made it easy this time around. Although I had mastitis for a few (very long!) days, it cleared up, and has been smooth sailing since.
It was empowering and also faith building to have mastitis. My mom was out of town at the time, and other family members were busy that week. So I had to trust God for the strength to be a mother, prepare meals, and also rest. I found that truth in the verse I know so well, "My strength is made perfect in your weakness."

This lovely little girl is a joy, and her brother dotes on her.

Elias loves to hold her. He'll come up to me with arms spread out saying, "I hold it!"

Birth Announcement Photo sent to immediate family

Elias is always hamming it up for the camera, and even during Kyla's photo shoot he wanted me to take his picture.

one-month-old girlie!
About 4 weeks here.
 There's a big change in Kyla from 4 weeks to 6 weeks. She gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks and already has rolls on her chubby legs. Elias didn't have that, so it's kinda cute, but something I'm not used to at all.
Me thinks that is a social smile. 6 weeks old here.



No comments:

Post a Comment