Thursday, October 1, 2015

Safety First with Siblings

Elias Dean dearly loves his sister.
He really does.
I don't doubt it.
A scenario repeated itself throughout the day for the first month. It went something like this:
I set Kyla on her play mat.
Elias: "Awww, Kyla baby. Baby cute. I hug baby. Kiss baby."
Then one big bear hug and a slobbery kiss on her check and....
WWWAAAAAA!!

You get the picture.
So we've finally moved Kyla's play mat into a pack 'n' play. That way both children can enjoy their toys while I'm cooking dinner, and I don't have to worry that "survival of the fittest" will take its course in this household.  

Hamming it up in the pack 'n' play mesh.

Kyla seems quite pleased with the arrangement. I think she even smiles in the video posted below.




Elias has also become increasingly aware that his birthday is coming up at the end of October. Therefore he wants to celebrate everyone's birthday.  Apparently, he thought putting stickers on Kyla's forehead was a fitting way to celebrate her. You can hear him say near the end of the video, "Happy Dirthday!" Love this boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment