It's Tuesday night.
We fly out tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. from Indianapolis, have a brief layover at O'Hare then journey on to Fairbanks, AK.
One would think with our plans to leave tomorrow that Eric and I already had our bags packed and by the door. Perhaps maybe that we were even planning on tucking in early for the night.
But that's not the way we roll.
I kissed my husband, and sent him off to work for a night shift with Lifeline. He will be finalizing reservations with bed and breakfasts tonight (if he's not transferring a patient), and I will be packing bags, cleaning house, and putting together snacks for the trip. We'll hope he is home by around eight o'clock tomorrow morning.
That's not unusual - just a part of the Frantz lifestyle.
I will admit it can stress the part of me that refuses to procrastinate on projects. Yet there's the other part of me that enjoys the adventure and the flexibility that comes with not having a set plan.
This trip has some gaps and holes we'll be filling in along the way - where we'll be staying, transportation, activities, etc.
But that's what makes it a vacation.
We plan to relax and enjoy the ride.
I hope you all can enjoy it along with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment